11 December 2014

ARC Netgalley: Road to Revenge by Mell Eight



Road to Series, Book #1

My rating: 3 stars

Synopsis from GR:
Rafi only wanted to spend a relaxing day in Tel Aviv with his lover, Mihi. When a bomb goes off outside the restaurant where they stopped for lunch, killing several people and leaving Mihi in critical condition, Rafi vows to catch the culprits and make them pay. Set on revenge, Rafi accepts an assignment to infiltrate a group of humanitarians to figure out which of them was responsible—and to stop whatever they're planning next. 

*ARC courtesy of NetGalley*

I liked it but I also felt that something was missing...
Going in, I was expecting a little more romance between Rafi and Mihi and probably that's why I was disappointed on this front. The story is focused more on Rafi and his mission than his relationship with his husband -yep, they're married -, moreover Rafi talks about Mihi as if the reader knows everything already (which he doesn't) and that left me quite disconnected to them.
However considering only the main storyline - the mystery about the terrorist attack that left Mihi injured - Road to Revenge has definitively nothing missing!! There's the right amount of intrigue, action and plot twist as any good spy story!
All things considered, I'm quite curious about the second book in the series  - Road to Home will be released on January 7th - and to find out where Rafi&Mihi's adventures will take them next time.

At last, I'd like to thank the author for the chance to read her book through NetGalley and I hope she appreciates my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment