08 January 2015

ARC Netgalley: Road to Home by Mell Eight


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22049537-road-to-home
Road to.. Series, Book #2 

My rating: 3 stars

Synopsis from GR:
When he gets a phone call late at night, Mihi expects it to be his husband, Rafi, calling to say he is finally home. What he gets instead is a nightmare: Rafi's mission has failed. Despite orders from Rafi that he is not to come after him, Mihi heads to Europe to find his missing husband. But rescuing Rafi, and getting them both back home, may be the one assignment he'll never complete …

*ARC courtesy of NetGalley*
The second chapter of Rafi and Mihi adventures, as it happened for "Road to Revenge" (you can find my review here), left me not completely satisfied. 
I liked it but I didn't love it.
At one point in the story, Mihi remembers the first time he met Rafi, both of them on a mission for their agencies...that's the story I'd really like to read about!

That said, Road to Home is a good spy-story and the amount of action and plot twists is exactly right for keeping the reader interested. What I missed is a bigger focus on the main characters and on their relationship.
 
At last, I'd like to thank the author for the chance to read her book through NetGalley and I hope she appreciates my review.


Buy at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment