23 January 2015

ARC Netgalley: White Nights by T.T. Kove

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23459739-white-nights?ac=1
Arctic Love Series, Book #4

My rating: 2.5 stars

Synopsis from GR:
Radimir has loved Aleksandr for more than a decade. Long convinced that Aleksandr will never love him in return, however, he has spent the years drifting from bed to bed, unable to settle when what he really wants is out of reach. And has been all the more out of reach since an impulsive, ultimately disastrous night together while out hiking. And will definitely be forever gone when Aleksandr returns to St. Petersburg.
Aleksandr wishes he could forget the night he gave in to a long-held desire for his friend, but more than anything he wishes that one night had led to so much more. But Radimir is a player, and Aleksandr doesn't want to be simply another conquest.
Then family turmoil strikes Aleksandr hard, and he realizes the stability he's always wanted was there all along…


*ARC generously provided by NetGalley* 
 
Poor Radimir!!! That's the thing that often came to my mind while I was reading this story!

White Nights is a novella told from the pov of both main characters: Radimir and Aleksandr.
As you may imagine, Radimir's pov is the one I liked the most, as well as its own character.
Aleksandr's bad publicity nevertheless, Radimir is a good guy and very honest about his feelings: I liked how he took Aleksandr's moods swings and I liked even more that his behavior convinced me about the truthfulness of his feelings for Lesya.
I can't say the same for Aleksandr: his insecurities annoyed me from the start and, even at the end, I couldn't feel the same dedication to his partner that instead I found in Radimir.
That's said the novella is an enjoyable read and, even if it's part of the Arctic Series, it could be read as a standalone.

At last I'd like to thank the author for the chance to read her book through NetGalley; I hope she appreciates my honest opinion of her work.

Buy at Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment